Friday, July 24, 2009

Super Soul

Presenting....Super Soul Cardigan..... in Veronik Avery's new yarn St. Denis Nordique. The textured stitch gives a nice "sqooshy" depth, for a warm and comfy wrap sweater with hidden pockets. A hybrid of Mexican styling and Turkish motifs. Inspired by....Starsky and Hutch. Using beautiful Turquoise... for protection. You can knit your own tie-belt if you like.

I'm lucky to have this garment included in Veronik's first
St. Denis Magazine collection for her scrumptious crisp new yarn, great for texture, fabulous colors, coming soon to a Local Yarn Store near you. I think the magazine will be available in shops and from the St. Denis website which is still under construction.

I'm so glad it is still under construction, makes me feel better.

It's about time revealed what I've been up to. I'm working on a new website. It is a little slow going for me, since there is soooooo much to learn. I've had a lot of help from some wonderful people, some simply amazing friends that I have. I am so thankful.

The plan was to be up and running by next week and if all goes well it will be, or shortly thereafter. Knock on Wood.

So if I've been kind of silent on the knitterly aspects of things...well I've been learning about shopping carts and CSS code and things I'd really rather not have to know...you know how it is...when we built our house, my husband and I even put in the septic system ourselves....a challenging one....so yes, I do know how to build a septic system, for which I am proud, but I truly hope I never do it again...

Here's hoping this time next year, I'm a whiz what seems a mystery to me today.









Super Soul Cardigan's
Bonus Hidden Pockets

Pictures courtesy of Veronik Avery

10 comments:

Eliza said...

oh, the sweater is gorgeous! I love the color combination.

And I'm so impressed with everything you are doing: website, SEPTIC SYSTEM?? um, incredible!!

Gudrun Johnston said...

Beautiful work MJ! Look forward to seeing the new website too...something I also need to do!

jess said...

As always, beautiful! I can't wait to see your site up and running.

Kristin said...

The Sweater looks great MJ! You should be proud. Good-O on the website, I can't wait to see it.

And well, the septic tank, goes without saying.

melissa said...

I love this sweater and look forward to the launch of your site. Where can I apply to be your #1 fan?

kat said...

gorgeous!

Poethead said...

WoW! Fantastic sweater!

craftivore said...

Beautiful!! Love the Turkish thing and turquoise rolled into one. Good luck with your website. I've got my room for Rhinebeck and I hope I'll get to meet you there.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

WOW-that's gorgeous! I jsut found your blog via a link to your knit eyeballs on Threadbanger. The eyeballs are so much fun! I'll be linking to them in October if you don't mind. I'm going to whip some up for party favors.

santos. said...

that sweater is gorgeous. it would look even more awesome in a matching grand torino....