Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sweet Jane

Last fall, we had a cook out on an uninhabited nearby island. Actually we have them all the time, but even in summer, a hat is needed on the coast of Maine. Luckily for those "from away" we've got lots of hats to choose from at our house. This is Jane wearing her choice. I'm sending extra-special love to Jane this week.
It used to be I always used hats as "samplers". When my kids were little I could control the whereabouts of most, or knew where to track them down. Times change. Many missing hats. I'm on to swatches, leashed to the desk!

6 comments:

Gina said...

I see you pried Ms. Fix-It away from her ViewMaster! Successful posting resumes. I like the notion of a small basket of beautiful and colorful "guest" hats.

mary jane said...

I always wanted "guest slippers" too, you know, cute felted ones, so they can take their shoes off and still have toasty toes...someday....

jungle dream pagoda said...

Now thats hospitality! What a great hat too!

mary jane said...

We call it "that 70's hat"...It is currently visiting Montreal.

Anonymous said...

i have that hat
i love it

mary jane said...

And Jane is doing great! hip hip hooray!