Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Poodle Parade

It was a poodle weekend. I traveled south to give my dear friend Jane a helping hand. She's still not out of the woods with her cancer, has two up-coming events she must travel to and is moving the 1st of July. So Nurse Ratchet was transformed to personal assistant! I helped organize the house, cleaned out the basement and planned and organized her wardrobe for travel. As always it was a lot of fun. I was treated Indian food, a treat hard to come by in my neck of the woods. Our walks were enhanced with bounding poodles! A constant comedy show.
The fridge was stocked with Kombucha! Rows and rows of it! Citrus, Passionberry, Guava Goddess and regular old regular.
I managed to finally finish Shedir. I ran out of the Frog Tree Cotton Silk and so finished the last 16 rows with Rowan Cotton Wool. The colors match perfectly. It washed up OK too. Follow the link above to the Girl from Auntie or look for the pattern at knitty.com, I got it there but couldn't find it today. It is the suprise pattern. Oh I forgot, I took out one full repeat, and it fits Jane perfectly...I dried it in the dryer too. I confess.

So send all your good thoughts Jane's way. And no, she's not running for president, though that is her picture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another cheerful NE scene! Your friend seems very powerful; I admire you both.

Isn't it funny, though, how much easier it is to clean someone else's basement, or to do it when you have help? You're a good friend, Nurse Ratchett.

mary jane said...

Right on about someone else's mess! And yes Jane is a rock!