Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Mary Mary Quite Contrary How Do You Wind Your Yarn?

How do you wind your yarn? This is my usual technique...the knees. I have a beautiful Swedish swift, and once had a little twirly ball-winder, but needs arise away from home...or I'm too lazy to go upstairs and dig it out. I always have my knees avaliable no matter where I may journey.
My other trick is to wind the yarn around my thumb, keeping a hollow center, with the beginning of the yarn easy to snatch. This way I have a pull-from-the-center ball. Voila!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply genius.

Gina said...

Who cares how you wind your yarn? I'd too busy digging those capris. Or are they clam-diggers? Could they be peddle pushers? No matter -- they are CUTE!

Anina said...

Cute pants!
I normally wind mine around my elbow and then between my thumb and forefinger.

Eliza said...

for some reason I can't see your photo!

I'm also a knee ball winder; I'm getting pretty good at doing it on the subway. Not that I wouldn't mind a swift...

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! What a great idea for a post :-) This is my first time visiting....saw your gorgeous Mirepoix Bodice Fair Isle sweater in the Fall issue of Interweave Knits tonight at a local Borders and it is AWESOME!!!!

jungle dream pagoda said...

Yes, great pic + I am totally diggin' the madras shorts!