Friday, March 20, 2009

Swatchland

The continuing saga of "Luke's Diced Vest...In Swatchland"

I hate it when blogger won't format things properly. Apologies.
I swatched and swatched.



















I really liked the pumpkiny part so I made the one below....









I loved this swatch, you can't see it well in the picture but it has a lovely halo of fuzz, due to Sunday Knits Yarns Angelic which has a  smidge of angora in it. 
 Kate wanted me to try one less stripey... It really isn't stripey in real life, however, since most people will only see it on the screen, and understanding the perils of magazine photography, I forged ahead... I just started grabbing yarn and going for it.








Lordy, I got more stripey...
to be continued...

3 comments:

magnusmog said...

I love middle swatch - reminds me of beautiful rugs :)

Prunila said...

Hola MJ!
I feel the final version is more masculin tones, not so happy sunshining orange. I think I like all your experiments :)
(maybe I'm trying to knit the sweet tee, A little lost when I have to get "summer" yarn, we will see ... hopefully I find some nice color here.) xxx

mary jane said...

Prunila, I agree as did Editor Kate. It is very Luke, who likes pale and sunshiny, however for publication we needed to think of the masses. I wish you guys could feel the swatches, they are soooo very soft.