Monday, March 02, 2009

Twist!


Spring Twist is up!


And in it you'll find something I made for my favorite painter Luke.

He has been waiting patiently.


















There are loads of irresistible sweaters to knit,  inventive toys,  way cool baby blankets, socks and scarves; it's humbling to be included with this bunch of designers. As usual this issue includes wonderful articles. I confess a weakness for scholarly ones and find Kate Davies delightful article on Jane Gaugain, adding to my already severe longing to visit Scotland.....someday.....!

Happy Birthday SOSO!!!!!!

8 comments:

Gudrun Johnston said...

Absolutely fantastically brilliant vest Mary Jane! Love it.....and you WILL get to Scotland...I just know it!

Eliza said...

congratulations!!! I saw it yesterday and squealed for you! :) it is beautiful!

kat coyle said...

MaryJane, your vest is incredible! I love the combination of patterns and color!

ADW said...

looks awesome! does favorite-painter-Luke have a link? I want to see some of his work too!

Julia said...

You are a genius Mary Jane!
I can't quite get my head around how much work must have gone into designing this.The colours are just amazing.I love how you bring things alive with tantalizing dashes of vibrant colours against the more muted shades.

Unknown said...

heehee i just noticed
thank you :)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Vest is stunning!! I also adore Luke's paintings!

Anonymous said...

I just realized that the diced pattern turns the Fair Isle design into a form of tartan/plaid. I would never have expected that!