Monday, March 26, 2007

Gray Day


Crazy? Did I say things were a little crazy around here? I have nothing to show for it. No sweet stories to share. Maybe a list will do... In no particular order.

1. It was stunningly sunny.

2. Now it is misty gray again.

3. My son grew 4 inches and is now taller than me.

4. He is so tan he's as dark as mahogany...or burnt sienna...too bad that was last weeks color in A Year of Color.

5. I have been learning a new job and it is more information than I have ever received from all previous jobs way back to working in a Cheese Shop when I was 18...more information than all previous jobs...combined...

6. I miss my mother so much I can't stand it.

7. My mother lives 3,000 miles away.

8. I don't know when Easter is.

9. Writing that made me want to squeeze a peep.

10.I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

6 comments:

magnusmog said...

Hey there - much sympathy with the missing people feeling. I can help with Easter though. Easter Monday is on April 9th. At least it is in Scotland. I don't think it should be different anywhere else but you never know....

By the way - if the headless chicken thing continues could you replace the missing part with a Peep :)

Anonymous said...

...and I miss my Mother as well. She's 12,000 miles away. What fabulous daughters we must be!

Gina said...

It's scary when kids overtake you. It sounds like you need a vacation. Go visit your mother.

mary jane said...

I'm hoping to visit Seattle soon. Oh Alison, you can't even drive to see your mom. Sometimes when I'm in the car, I think, hmmm, maybe I'll just keep heading west! It's nice to know I could, even if I never do. And the Peep head! What a brilliant idea!

Petula Darling said...

I'm very curious about the new job.
Say hi to Nick for me. He must have been eating a lot of vegetables to grow so much (that is how it works, right?).

mary jane said...

So Magnusmom, you're right, Our Easter Sunday is April 8, thankyou! And Petula, a ding-a-ling soon! K?