Saturday, April 11, 2009

Cherry Blossoms?



Or are they Apple? They were directly across from the Whitehouse in Lafayette Square which strangely, has a statue of equestrian Andrew Jackson at the center of it.

Lafayette Park has been used as a race track, a graveyard, a zoo, a slave market, an encampment for soldiers during the War of 1812, and the site of many political protests and celebrations. We were part of a citizen-organized protest to reform the banks, but there were also 2 different groups of Iranians, an Anti-Nuclear encampment and a Buddhist with a drum, just to name a few. And it was raining.

I don't know, I'm a sucker for a national monument. I love seeing all the families and tourists from all over the country and all over the world posing for pictures in front of the Whitehouse, it makes me happy, I could watch them for hours.


The Whitehouse

1 comment:

the Lady said...

Those look like crab apple blossoms to me.