Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Current Events



All work and no play makes MJ a very dull girl. To remedy that, I've got an action packed weekend ahead of me. Friday I' attending TheSummit of Awesome, arranged by the bright and brilliant women of Hello Craft, right here in DC:

"The Summit of Awesome is 3-days filled with business seminars for artists and crafters, hands-on workshops, the D.C. premiere of the Indie Craft Documentary, Handmade Nation, and a Saturday night party....all Summit seminars and workshops will take place in the wondrous and vibrant independent businesses in MidCity (14th and U Streets NW)....home of DC’s coolest indie shops"

At first only 3 day Passes were offered, which conflicted with my other event, so I got tickets for the DC opening of the film Handmade Nation.


That other event?

The Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival

This is the event I've planned for since I arrived here, sending in my registration for classes soon after I arrived, snail mail, the only way its done...I've been anxiously awaiting my tickets for classes by Nancy Bush and Sally Melville...
waiting and waiting...
checking the mailbox...
making friends with the mailman...
nothing...
for ever and ever....
finally I sent an email inquiry...
They never received my registration and now the classes are full.

soooooooooo very disappointed.....old school fails me.....

I'm on a waiting list for Nancy's Nordic Color which I deeply and truly wanted to attend and I'm signing up for Sally's Saturday class, so I have at least one class the day I make the trek out to West Friendship.

The easy and instant-to-register Summit of Awesome has exceptional personal customer service. When I found out I could get a Friday Only pass, which includes tickets for the movie premier, I called to ask about a refund for my original ticket. Tina herself answered the phone!
The refund was processed in an instant!
Yay, way to go new school!
See you both places?
Yes?




If I have the umpf after the sheep show, I'd like to attend the Show of Awesome,
Cake?
sign me up!

3 comments:

Gudrun Johnston said...

Oh how frustrating about the classes!! I'm sure you'll have a great time though!....maybe I'll get to that one next year! My sights are set on Rhinebeck for the fall though!

magnusmog said...

That's a stinker about the registration. Why don't you come over to Stirling for the UK Ravelry week next year to make up for the disappointment?!

Kristin said...

Oh, you are going to have a great weekend! I am a bit jealous, it all sounds so fun. Too bad your registration got lost. I however, do agree with magnusmog that you should go to the UK next year for their Ravelry week and I wanna come too!